The only frustrating part now is Illinois! Did you know that they aren't funding their schools. Almost every school in the state is in the red--why--Illinois can't pay their bills. So it will be a challenge to find a job. One thing I don't like doing--finding a job. The last two jobs just sort of fell into my lap--when I went for the interview they just handed me the textbooks and poof I was hired. I don't think it will be that easy.
I guess, I just need to be stretched again--going to school and being a full time mom was comfortable. I enjoyed the balance of being able to take care of my kids and keep my mind stimulated. I miss that balance--I need to find it again. I will, I do. Somethings that help me and will continue to help me:
- Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy
- Reading my Scriptures
- Prayer!
- Being home for bedtime every night!
- Mommy and me time with the boys!
- Playing with my kids!
- Talking with my husband!
My oldest son sometimes has a hard time with the amount of time I spend away from home--well they all do! On Sunday I reminded him of why I am doing this:
- Our back up plan if Mike ever gets sick, hurt, or otherwise wouldn't be able to support our family. (didn't seem to persuade him)
- Explaining to him that not all children are as lucky as he is. Not everyone has as nice a mommy as he does. Those kids need to have someone who is caring in the classroom. (He seemed to understand)
- This is what Heavenly Father wants me to do. (He seemed to calm down and accept his difficult situation.)
What I will miss:
- Seeing the face light up when you give him the love and support he doesn't get at home.
- Watching a kid catch on fire to a lesson that has never caught on fire before!
- Getting ideas to help kids to learn everything.
- My 2nd grade kids--yes they are mine now!
- Waking up in the middle of the night to get things done.
- Being away from my kids.
- Monday night seminar (I have four more of those--it doesn't seem right.)
- The daily drop off and pick up to babysitters.
5 comments:
This sounds so familiar to me! I could not even bear to stand in the empty classroom after the children had gone at the end of the schoolyear. That balance is the tricky one, but your list of stimuli is great. One thing I know is that if the Lord wants you to work, there will be a job. If he does not, it is because he needs something else for your family right now. And the best part is that you will look back and see why he needed you to do certain things, and they may be not at all what you thought or even imagined :-) Part of the tender mercies!! The teaching situation is the same here in Utah. Only the very old teachers with tenure are staying.
Sad! The Lord will also provide a job and career path when you need it if there are no jobs now!! And "need" is his definition, not ours. I thought I did not need a job, but it was not just that there was a big carrot! It was a yummy carrot cake!
Go Kaylynn Go! How exciting :) I also want to add that you not only influenced your 2nd graders, you've also influenced former young women-like me!
I heart your lists! I pray you are placed in the right job and with the right kids. I know with prayer as your guide, His plan will unfold to you.
Enjoy the last few days!
I have no doubt that those kids will miss you too! You have such a gift for teaching. Every time I give a lesson, I think of you and wish I had your talent. You are AMAZING!! Hang in there and enjoy every minute! I know the kids you teach are. :)
I should mention that you send such great messages that your experience has helped me and given me ideas for being a Grandma! Bout then you have always been a great source of ideas!!!!!
Post a Comment