Sunday, April 6, 2008

Perfect on Sundays and Perfect on the Blog


I love posting and telling everyone the fun things that we do as a family, and the cute things that my children say, but rarely, do I tell about those really hard moments: the temper tantrums, fights, and messy house. Because just like everyone else, I am perfect on Sunday, and perfect on the Blog. Cheryl Lant, General Primary President, shared this story at a Primary open house. I actually heard it in person (see perfect on Sunday and on the Blog!) She tells of one night when her husband was gone and she was putting her children to bed, and she would get one down, and then another would get up. So she got out her wooden spoon, and started screeming at the top of her lungs. The kids were just laughing at her. Then all of the sudden the door bell rang..... she went and there was her neighbor with a huge grin on her face, "I heard the whole thing! You made my day!" This neighbor realized that the near perfect, calm, and very spiritual woman and her natural man moments just like the rest of us. If you want to read more of the round table discussion with Sister Lant, Sister Parkin, and Sister Tanner, go here ! I don't think I'm ready to share with the world out there, those hard moments, but I wanted to let you know that I have them!

4 comments:

Rita (alias Grandma) said...

But you handle them so well! No kidding!!

Kaylynn said...

Mothers Who Blog.. (by mike)

Mothers who blog get their kids to church with perfect hair and pressed shirts and ties.

Mothers who blog know that all of lifes ups and downs end in a cute story.

Mothers who blog have happy smiling families and great adventures.

and they have the pictures to prove it!

Rita (alias Grandma) said...

and Mothers who blog often have sons and husbands who write haikus and other great writings

Vivian said...

I think life would be rather boring if everything was perfect, and kids would be not....right if they never got upset or never did something naughty. How would we develop patience and learn how to cope with things? And I'm sure you know how to handle things very well. I, on the other hand need to work on that more...