Friday, July 11, 2008

"I Forgot How Good I Was"

We left really early this morning to go visit Mike while he was on a layover. Mike got in late last night--so we opted to drive to his layover and back again in one day. We had a really nice day: we visited a new museum, ate lunch at the hotel, and then drove home. On the way home Gypsy Girl was getting thirsty, and her sippy cup was empty. The boys both each had an extra cup, but were unwilling to give it to Gypsy Girl. She was crying, I was helpless, and the boys were being stubborn. Anakin started to convince Luke to share, which is rather funny. I asked Anakin to share his cup, and he readily gave it to the baby. Minutes later we stopped for bathroom breaks, and we filled up Gypsy Girl's sippy cup. Luke then handed Gypsy Girl his sippy cup, and with his usual sweet voice said, "Here you go Gypsy Girl." I asked him why he didn't give it to her when she was crying, and Luke said, "I forgot how good I was."

I got to thinking these thoughts:

Do I forget how good he is?

Do I forget how good I am?

How can I remember their Christlike attributes, especially in those temper tantrum moments!

How can I help them remember that they are children of God, and heirs to the kingdom.

I hope that I can always remember how good my kids are, and by doing that they will also remember!

2 comments:

Chris said...

It's amazing how much depth that comment has. Kids are cool.

Vivian said...

kids comments always make us ponder, because they are 100% sincere and heartfelt.Whenever I ask Harrison in primary about something good he does at home,or some kind deed, his comments are always about his sister and how much he loves her. I am also amazed by the fact that he knows his book of mormon stories very very well!