Here is our oldest! He started at a new school. We weren't happy with our neighborhood school, and luckily we were able to transfer him to a new school in the district. He loves it!!!! I am very happy with the change.
He started on August 24th.
This is our very cute middle child. He and his daddy planted this tree together. I don't particularly love our house, especially that it is next door to a race track. I always talk about moving, but this kid doesn't want to leave this tree. The sweater he is wearing is the same sweater his daddy and older brother wore on their first day of kindergarten.
He is having a hard time adjusting. Two years ago the district switched its curriculum, and now the teachers have to follow a very strict regiment of phonics training. It is good--but those poor kindergartners sit for far too long. They spend too much time on skills and not enough time on purpose. He seems to need the rest of the day just to recover! They have school for 1/2 a day, but they work and drill and work and drill for the entire time!
Finally GG, she started school on the 26th. She goes two days a week. I think it helps, but it isn't enough. She really needs a five day program. I am trying my best to supplement: we will go swimming on Mondays and we are taking a gymnastics class on Wednesday together. I love spending that time with her! It helps to fill the heartache of not getting a job after all the hard work!
Now all three go to school.
So that means I have 5 hours a week with no children--what to do. I've been taking Pilates class which is fun, and starting in October I will volunteer in Anakin's class. I hope to help in Luke's class as well.
Everyday I have to remind myself to find joy in the journey, and to have faith in the Lord's timing, not mine.
These three kids certainly give me joy--and it is definitely a journey!
No comments:
Post a Comment