Monday, December 27, 2010

The Nativity Display and Concert


This was the forest room. It is hard to tell how absolutely beautiful this room was because you can't smell the trees, feel the peace, or see the beautiful ornaments. It felt like God's forest.


The white room was so peaceful! Every display was either white or gold.


The Traditional Room. It was amazing how this room (a gym) was transformed into an amazing display of nativities. I liked how they put electric tea candles in jars as a barrier to the nativity displays.


The International Room had so many interesting displays from around the world. I love the ones from Africa. The tent and carpets also added to the feel of the room.


I donated one from Mexico, Israel, Hawaii, and the Southwest.








Now this was my room. I literally was tracing the outline of Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus 15 minutes before it began! It was a lot of work putting the room together, but it was so fun to be in the room and watch people come and enjoy it! I became very attached to my room!


I donated two little people sets, lego, cloth, pinto beans, ceramic, and my time!


We had nativity books for people to look at. I love how this mother and daughter took the time to read them together!


The donkey Mary rode to Bethlehem!


I put an alphabet line that went from A to Z around the room. GG loves letters, so she had fun handing them to me as we went along. Here is D and she would jump up and down until we were ready to put up E. It was fun!!


In any good classroom there is a map--right. Here is a map of Israel at the time of Christ's birth. I place two stickers on the map: one for Nazareth and one for Bethlehem.


A view of the room. The quilt was a last minute idea--it worked really well in creating a path for people to view the nativities.




On the day of the nativity, we kept getting more displays. I had to bring in two of our benches give the nativity ad added tier. I love the puzzle nativities. I've always wanted one!!! They also had a really cool nesting nativity with baby Jesus being the smallest.



The Veggie Tales was a big hit!!!


I loved the multi-tiered look that the benches added!


Along with the map, alphabet line, I also had little trivia questions. The question was on the outside and the answer was on the inside. How many miles to Bethlehem? The answer is 80! How many days did it take to travel? The answer is 4--they probably traveled 20 miles a day.


I quickly made this one up from our duplo legos. I love it!! One of the kids knew the set and said, "You realize that you have Jesus on the fire."

It was a crazy week--running back and forth from the Stake Center to getting my kids ect. ect. I was told there would be about 20 nativities to display. I ended up with 70. They just kept on coming in.
The first week of December was quite busy getting ready for the big event!

1 comment:

Martha Lee said...

I love the donkey! You did a great job and so did Jennie on the Forest room. Have fun with mom and dad this week!