March
We celebrated B H's birthday with a lego party! I got most of the ideas from pinterest--which I either modified or followed exactly. One had pre-made the lego figure faces, but I thought it would be more fun for the boys to make their own plates. Then I taped a mini-figure outline on the cups for decor. I also printed up the lego box where they took home their prizes!
The boys first decorated their "lego" character. They also made their own mini-figures from our vast supply of mini-figures. Then they got to build!
Mike set up a ramp for the lego race. Each boy made their own lego car, then we raced it! They had so much fun just building, that I finally set a time so we would have time to eat cake and pizza!
Our third activity was breaking into two teams and having each team build a tower. After they build the tower they threw soft toys at their opponents tower. They won prizes for structure and design. Each team had the same # of legos.
Besides the fun birthday party we dealt with a couple of bouts of upper-respiratory virus, and then a stomach virus. Through it all Bugaboo only had one seizure even though she was running a very high temp!
February
We celebrated Valentine's Day by making my new favorite sugar cookie: chocolate! Each of the children decided how many teachers they wanted to make cookies for. Big H made them for his former 2nd Grade teacher, his current 3rd grade teacher, and the Librarian. Vegieman chose his art teacher and his current teacher. For Bugaboo there is quite a list: her classroom teacher and her three aids, her speech therapist, her occupational therapist, and her music teacher. We are lucky that so many care about her!!!!
January
We went on a mini-vacation to The Dells! We had a great time at Great Wolf Lodge!
Bugaboo turned out to be a true daredevil. She loved going down the racing slides. She didn't even mind the water splashing in her face!
Big H took awhile to warm up to the park--but once he found some super fun things he wasn't ready to come home!
Vegie-man and I went down the "Tornado" He even mentioned in his writing that his favorite weather is tornadoes because of this very ride! Luckily we only went down it twice!
No comments:
Post a Comment