Thursday, January 31, 2008

What no cute pictures?

That's b/c I only got three hours of sleep on Tuesday night, the boys had a hard time sleeping, so therefore so did I. We went to Target that day, and Luke had a complete meltdown in the store, it was so emabarressing, but he understood at the end that he had been a greedy Petie (something they had learned at in school). I stood my ground and didn't buy him the sippy cup that he wanted even if it was embarressing that he was yelling in the story. I even heard someone say, "Why is that boy crying?" Last night we went to a Pack meeting. One of the boys received his religious knot, and it is always fun to go to Pack meetings! The boys are playing nicely and Gypsy Girl is taking a nap (I probably should try to take one too), but instead I wanted to put my new favorite quote. This was given in a talk by Elder Nelson in October 2005.

"Jesus suffered deeply because He loves us deeply! He wants us to repent and be converted so that He can fully heal us.
When sore trials come upon us,32 it's time to deepen our faith in God, to work hard, and to serve others. Then He will heal our broken hearts. He will bestow upon us personal peace33 and comfort.34 Those great gifts will not be destroyed, even by death.
The gift of resurrection is the Lord's consummate act of healing. Thanks to Him, each body will be restored to its proper and perfect frame.35 Thanks to Him, no condition is hopeless. Thanks to Him, brighter days are ahead, both here and hereafter. Real joy awaits each of us—on the other side of sorrow.
I testify that God lives, that Jesus is the Christ—the Master Healer—in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, amen."

2 comments:

Rita (alias Grandma) said...

I Love this blog!!

Kaylynn said...

Me (mike) too! Good job Kaylynn! I love the quote. I think its interesting that the best way to deal with our own trials is to forget ourselves and serve others. Hard to do sometimes but its the only real solution!