Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Flight Home!

I wish I had pictures, but my descriptions will just have to do. Everyone was great traveling home. We returned the rent-a-car, and I piled piled everything on the wheel bag, and we got the tickets. Then it was on to security. The boys helped me load everything up: I counted the number of things we had loaded on: 10 items through security. They had to test the milk in the sippy cup. I had a huge bag of M&M's left over from the wedding. One of the security guards said that they needed to go through an E, A, T test. (Being extremely tired and terrible at spelling, I thought it was simalar to the test the milk went through.) I replied, "My milk was just tested to you need to test the M&M's." The security person said, "What does E-A-T spell." Now I got it, offered him some, which he couldn't accept. We made it to the gate (not as far this time.) They allowed me to board early, and this is the only time that my system failed. A gate agent asked me if I needed help, "No thank you." Another employee asked if I needed help, "No thank you." Then, someone came down the gang plank and said, "I'm a retired American Employee, and I am here to help you." He really didn't give me a chance to say no, thankfully. He helped me get everyone settled. This time the boys sat in front of me and GG. Again, the flight went smoothly. Anytime the boys would want some M&M's, they stuck their cute little 5 & 6 your old hands to the seat behind us. Love those boys! When we landed in Chicago, many people helped me get everything off the plane. This time I did not refuse! When we got to the gateway, several people asked if I needed help. I replied, "I have a system." Two lovely ladies who were going to the same bus said, "Are you sure, we are going to the same place." I knew at that point we needed to go to the bathroom, Mc Donalds, so I said, "No thank you, we will be fine." We went to the bathroom, Mc Donalds, the boys were great walking to the bus terminal. It is a very long walk! On the way to the bus terminal, someone said, "You have your hands full." I never know quite how to react. Sometimes I think people think, "How dare you bring children into a grocery store during the day." Other times, I think they mean it out of caring, and noticing that being a mom is hard." I decided to start replying, "Yes I do, and it is wonderful." When this fellow traveler said to me, "You have your hands full." I replied, "This is easy; they are wonderful." She then said, "You are a hero." I began to think about the opportunity I had to be a mother, and not just a mother, but a mother in the covenant. It truly was a privelege, wonderful, blessing. So few woman have this opportunity--there are many who long for this--some don't know what they want, others know and long righteously to have children born in the covenant. They are spiritually worthy--but for some unknown reason-- their physical body does not match their spiritual compacity. I thought of those years I waited with my hands empty, and now they are full. I truly am blessed to have the three bright, spiritually strong, capable children who were born in the covenant. One of those great tender mercies of the Lord that I hope I live up to. This experience was truly a miracle, but more so because it happened in the O'hare airport.

So I traveled through the airport with patience and a soft voice. The boys helped carry things when needed, stayed with me the entire time, and were the best travelers I could expect. We arrived at the bus terminal, bought our bus tickets, and the two lovely ladies that offered to help me--were no where to be found. I beat them--my system worked. When they showed up, I laughed, they laughed. We took the bus ride home. The boys had Bakugon McDonald's toys to play with on the home--one of those small tender mercies of the Lord. We got home, went to bed, and then the next morning we went to church.

2 comments:

Rita (alias Grandma) said...

What a lovely entry. You are truly blessed, not only because of the beautiful children sealed for eternity, but that you recognize that and apply it. I still think you are a hero, though.

tammy said...

Glad you made it. Love your thoughts on being a mother. It truly is a blessing.