Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Shotgun Temple Wedding

OK, it isn't what you think--how is that possible to have shotgun, temple, and wedding in the same sentence. In fact, I did a google search, and there were a few things like--they couldn't get married in the temple because it was a shotgun wedding. My favorite was he had a shotgun wedding on the beach and had a symbol on his temple. So here is the story. We arrive at the Provo Temple, and are shown into the waiting room. We don't wait very long, when we are taken up to the sealing room. We are seated: the bride and groom arrive, the sealer arrives. He says something like, "Today you are going to be sealed for time and all eternity, please come forward." He then seals them. The couple exchanges rings, and the sealer allows us to congratulate the couple. We leave the temple. My husband helps his brother get ready. My sister-in-law and I run back to the house to get the kids. We take them back to the temple for pictures. Pictures don't take very long, and we go back to the house and then on to lunch. Fast, fast, fast: that is the definition of a temple shotgun wedding.

The beautiful couple: Mark and Ria





I always love watching the couple emerge from the temple. They are happy, relaxed, loving, and it looks like they can conquer just about anything that lays ahead of them: together.

3 comments:

Rita (alias Grandma) said...

:-) Thankfully, it is just as Eternally valid.

Abby said...

I wish mine had been a shotgun temple wedding. Our sealer was rude and patronizing and almost made me cry. Oh, and he went ON and ON and ON.

tammy said...

I love your description of how they look when they come out.