Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Our First Snow Day!

Tuesday was a gift. Who knew that snow could be a gift, but it was. We our first gift: Anakin's afternoon classes were canceled. He was so excited. That morning we had just bought new sleds and a sledding we went. I went sledding with Anakin and GG at about 11. Then we went inside, ate lunch, and I started to get ready for my last exam. I packed up my books, put on dry clothing, and was just about to head out the door when my phone rang. It was my professor. He canceled the final, with no make up exam. I just needed to email him my paper. I told Anakin, and he was excited, I got to go sledding with him a second time. I quickly finished my paper (I just had the bibliography to complete), and went sledding a third time. This time with Luke and Anakin. What a treat--everything cancelled and fun.



This kid loves the snow. In about August he asked, "When is going to snow again?"





He always goes head first.



GG loved her first time sledding. She really liked making tracks. We don't have any mittens for her, but she got to wear my gloves. So so much fun!!





This kid can sled. In fact if anyone needs lessons, he is a great teacher. He taught my how to turn, stop, just about everything. What a blast!



His very first snowman of the season. Anakin rolled the balls, I just put them on top of each of them. He even named it, after himself again. There is Anakin and Anakin!

Luckily today is a snowday as well. We will just play, play, play. My bones and muscles hurt from yesterday--so on to my stretches to help them feel better.

4 comments:

Kate said...

that looks like so much fun! the snowman is cute too. we havent had much snow yet this season, so we are looking forward to that!

Erin said...

What a fun time!

Abby said...

I am totally jealous of all that snow!

That IS a gift that you got to take a break and spend all that fun time with your kiddos. I bet they'll remember that for a long time.

Rita (alias Grandma) said...

A gift indeed! We have snow too! Michael is going on a school field trip tomorrow, SKIING!