Thursday, August 12, 2010

At the Beach!

We had a great time on our vacation back in July! We had a terrible time getting to the West Coast. We decided to try and fly standby. The first day we woke up at 2:30 and drove to the airport. We had no luck getting on any of the flights. We looked at the loads for the next day--still no hope. Finally, on the third day they looked good, until we got to the airport. Luckily for us--there was someone who was too drunk to get on the flight. That opened up enough seats so that all 5 of us could get on! We didn't have any time to rearrange the seats, so our seven year old sat by himself. The flight was long--ORD to PHX. We had no trouble at all getting into Orange County Airport.

The first day we were in CA, we just hung out at my brothers house with his beautiful wife and fun little boy. The next day it was at the beach! We all had a blast with the sand, waves, and sun! What a great day. We think the next time we should rent a beach house so we can just enjoy it for an entire week. I even rode the waves--but I really need to build up my stamina for body surfing.

The boys loved having Jonathan out there to play with them in the waves. It was nice we had four adults to four children! A great way to do the beach.

My kids loved Mary and Jonathan. They were great hosts, and we had a great time with them. It was a special treat for Mike and I. We haven't been able to spend much vacation time together since I've been in school. He has used a lot of his vacation to watch kids while I did school work. It was a much needed break after a stressful two semesters.

4 comments:

Shelley said...

I am jealous you made it to the beach this year. We didn't but did get to head to the lake and kayak. The Cali beaches remind me of growing up...fun times!

Alyson | New England Living said...

I love the beach! And Orange County is so much fun. Did you get to Disneyland?

Kaylynn said...

Alyson--we did go to Disneyland--I just haven't posted pictures. I am truly not a Disneyland person--at least not in the middle of the summer.

Martha Lee said...

These are great posts and I am so jealous (except the Disneyland). I would love to get out to see Jonathan.