Now this was the party he loved. He had his two favorite families over to celebrate. Legos were scattered all over the floor, pizza and cupcakes were enjoyed by everyone, and if I had really listened, we wouldn't have suffered through his grumpiness of the other party.
We are all still adjusting to school. He is in kindergarten--which in this district means that they work hard for the two and half hours they are in school and are completely exhausted at the end.
He has decided he wants to be a movie maker or a bee keeper. They studied all about bees in kindergarten (sqeezed in between the phonemic exercises), and went to visit an apple orchard in for a field trip. He had a lot of fun!
He is still rock climbing, swimming, and playing soccer. He loves playing with his brother, listening to books.
One day as we were driving by a park, he started narrating a story.
Yesterday, we went to a park, but it was no ordinary park. It was a robot park. He practices his brother's time tests with him. So all and all he is doing fine. Just need to help him express his frustration in other ways besides grunting and crumbling up paper.
Yikes!
2 comments:
Cute! I love the beekeeper profession choice- way to keep it unique.
I have also been guilty of trying to have my kids do things the way *I* see it instead of them. Good for you for noticing AND blogging about it so you'll be reminded next time. And there is always a next time!
That's funny about the mad face! I've tried to talk my kids into things too. I think we're all guilty of that! I'm sure he'll get over it. ;)
Post a Comment