Saturday, November 6, 2010

Time for Graditude!

I love Thanksgiving. It seems to be one of the few holidays that doesn't get commercialized, and unlike some holidays doesn't stem from commercialization. Don't get me wrong, I love Halloween and Christmas. Now that I'm married and have children, I even like Valentines Day. But there is something very pure about Thanksgiving. I love the food, the history, and the ability we have to remember our blessings.

Lately, I have really enjoyed my time with my kids. When I started back to school, my intention was to find a job after graduation. Well the job market in education is very dismal. At first I was heartbroken! But now, I seem to enjoy things more. I think, If I had been working, I couldn't go on a field trip with my son. I wouldn't have seen my daughter's progression in gymnastics. (Now she will never be a star gymnast, but at least she will now hold onto a zip line and fall into a pit.) I would have been way to stressed to help my kids with their homework. I miss the time I had in the classroom, and this stay at home mom thing is hard, dang hard. But I appreciate the time I have with my kids. I really do. So for my six things I am grateful for:

Each of my children x 2.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I agree with you about thanksgiving. It IS a very pure holiday.

Spending time with your children is definitely something to be thankful for. :)

Cynthia said...

Great post! I often say "you have the life you think you have"- which really just means it's all in our attitude. I am an optimist so I always look for things to be happy about, no matter the situation. I'm/ was happy as a SAHM. I happy now as a part-time working Mom. It's not the role, it's how you play it.

I am glad to see you soaking in the moments with your kids and really ENJOYING them. You've been granted a 'reprive' so live it up!