Monday, March 14, 2011

I like my birthdays everyone!


On H's birthday my dad took him and two of his cousins to the dinosaur museum. Then he went out to eat! When he got home, I asked him what he had to eat, he said, "milkshake and cheese fries." He was very happy!



We had a lot of family come in for H's big day. We moved his birthday celebration to Friday when the family was going to be here. Both sets of grandparents and two sets of cousins were there. My brother and his wife drove from Pittsburgh for the weekend, and we have one set of cousins that live here. It was fun to have everyone!


The traditional scripture cake for the 8 year old.

H loves the 2000 warriors! This is such a great scripture for this kid. He has so many phobias: heights, talking in front of people, having people put their hands into his mouth. He has to conquer each of these phobias every time he wants to go down a slide, have me turn his expander, give a talk at church. Never have I seen so great courage. . . .


There they are: father and son. I love how worthy dad's get to baptize their children. It is such a joy. There was a lot of work getting ready for this special day---and it turned out wonderful!


Our family. GG certainly knows how to put on the charm. I was desperately trying to loose weight to fit into the skirt--I didn't quite make it but wore it anyways--oh well.

2 comments:

Abby said...

Love the scripture cake! That is a wonderful tradition! Congratulations to H on his baptism.

Shelley said...

Congratulations on such a special day! I can't believe how long it's been...and how grown up he looks! What fun memories.