
I took my three children to one of these! (I didn't take any pictures because I was rather busy.) My two boys ran off together into their world of imagination. Running everywhere defending the universe from the bosses. I followed my little, but tall) three year old all around. Jumping on the air mattress, crawling through tunnels, sliding down twisty slides. I wish I had brought knee pads as I crawled through the tunnels. I even sometimes looked longingly at the mothers reading their books on the sidelines--wondering when I would be able to just watch. Then quickly reminding myself that the time will come and I will be sad. Then it happened. My little girl went on her own, climbed to the top of the tower all by herself, went down the slides, went through the tunnels, and I just watched from the sidelines. I didn't really know how to feel. Proud that she had done it on her own, yet at the same time I felt abandonned. Then her voice rang out clear, "Come on, Mommy!" Of course I followed her up the winding staircase, not envying those mothers on the sidelines, and glad that my knees hurt!
1 comment:
Oh, this is so sweet! You are such a good mommy!
Post a Comment