This was probably the easiest birthday party I have ever done! It helps that it was summer and sunny! We set up two little blow up slides, a sprinkler, and a slip and slide. The kids had a great time just playing in the water. They would go from one pool to another, then down the slip and slide. They would start all over again. I also made finger paint from baby shampoo/body wash, cornstarch and food coloring. I let the kids paint the house, the porch, the windows, the sandbox. Anything they could get their hands on--literally since it was finger paint!
GG has been into reading Pinkalicious, and Purplelicious, Goldalicious, and Silveralicious. So she got Pinkalicious's doll for her birthday. She was so excited! She had a really fun time at her party--and so did all the other kids!
(Maybe not J, there might have been too many people at the party. I finally forced him inside and made him play on the computer. After that he settled right down.)
We are very pleased with her progress as of late--and she hasn't had a seizure for three weeks. That is a new record for her! This next year she will be going to two schools! She will go to the same school she went to last year. The class is geared to kids who need more care. She will receive Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy through the public school's Early Childhood program. It is 5 day a week program from 8-10:45. There is one Early Childhood Teacher (Special Ed) and two aids for the ten children. Some of those students need an aid full time. Then on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays she will go to a Lutheran Preschool from 12:45-3pm. I wanted her with regular kids-- to prepare her for kindergarten--and to see if being in a regular classroom will help her with socialization. Whenever she has been in a well structured environment, we have seen tremendous growth!
She is also doing great on the piano. She can play "Honey Bee", and has most of the second song: "Lightly Row." It's a fun little party trick to have her go and play the piano. She continues to read and is catching up to J--who is a good reader for an almost 1st grader.
She does some funny things: She always asks, "Are you happy or sad?" Then she will go and eat in the living room, knowing that it is a wrong choice. Later she will eat in the kitchen, "Mommy are you happy or sad?" "Happy!" I reply. Or if she gets hurts, she just want to be happy, and through her tears she says, "I'm happy, I'm happy."
She is still our sweet girl--and brings much joy and happiness into our lives!


No comments:
Post a Comment