July 11, 1982
Today is Sunday, we went to church at Welsburrow. It was SO boring. I miss Oneonta Branch. We are on our way to Utah. We're listening to the Annie Movie tape of songs. It's raining outside hard right now. I brought a lot of things to do and writing in my journal is one of them. We don't have any school till Sept. I just wrote a letter to Sister Brisco, my nice primary teacher.
July 12, 1982
Today we travelled through Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois. Right now we are looking for a campsite. I hope we find one.
Today when we crossed the Mississippi, Martha said, "Oh Milky!" Dad was holding her when she said that and we all laughed.
I slept an hour before we crossed the Mississippi River, so I had a nap.
July 13, 1982
Last night we found a campsite, I was so glad at 10:00 last night. It's 15 minutes to 4:00 and we are in N e b r a s k a. I wrote it so long because its so long.
If you don't know why I'm writing each state. It's because we are going across country to Utah where our cousins live.
We have a car converter that hooks up to the cigarette lighter so we can listen to tapes. We're listening to Annie that Jonathan got for his birthday. Next we are going to listen to Songs for a Mormon Child.
We also brought Star Child, Pageant Music from the Hill Cumorah, My Turn on Earth, & The Muppet Show.
Anne and Larry are home working.
July 14, 1982
Today is Wednesday. We went through Nebraska and are going through Wyoming. We will arrive in Kaysville, Utah today. I can't wait.
I just wrote to Diane Rudolph, my best friend in chruch.
It is 11:35 and I'm bored so I'm writing in my journal.
I hope this doesn't sound boring. We left at 7:15 this morning, 45 minutes before we usually do. It seems like we are an hour behind, so I keep looking at my watch.
1 comment:
That's so cool! It's good for me to see samples of kids writing so I get a realistic gauge for my own kids! Spencer has been dictating daily journal entries for me to transcribe. It has been a really fun and enlightening project for both of us :)
Post a Comment