Well there is flooding here in Rockford. Unlike some other parts of the midwest, it is only localized. I actually did my very first sandbagging! It was fun. . . . By the way for those reading from afar we were sandbagging for members of our Ward, our house is on a hill, so no need for us. The river is to crest on Monday, and hopefully all the sandbags will hold for the families in the ward that are surrounded by water.
We also went to the beach! There is a very small lake with sand. Everyone had a great time in the water, and it was wondeful just to relax after loading up sandbags all day.
Harrison has wanted to make these fish cakes (courtesey of My Big Back Yard!), and I actually got a great complement from him. "Wow, she did great!) He ate his dinner, and once I got the hang of it; it wasn't so bad. So let me know what you think! The fishcake is made of mashed potatoes, bread crumbs and tuna fish; the peas at the bottom of the plate is the water, the lemon is the sun, and the carrots are boats. Pretty cool. I haven't cleaned up the kitchen, but it was worth Harrison's excitement over how great I did making the fish!
1 comment:
That is one awesome fish--and a great idea!!
We were thankful that we flew rather than driving when we heard the mess along the route!!
Post a Comment