Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Becoming More Efficient

I'm not going to bore everyone with how many papers I've written in the past two weeks (it was 12 by the way), or how I aced my test, or how I'm going into the classroom on Thursday to teach a lesson that I designed all by myself, or how I completed the four essays for my student teaching application in one day.

I will say there have been some very helpful moments in all of this.

The day I had to turn in my application, I had no paper, nor an manilla envelope to turn it in. I ran into Office Max with my two year old daughter. The manager was stading at the door, he told me the best paper to buy, and where I could buy one envelope. It took me 15 minutes to get in and out of the door. I really felt the Lord was helping me! I also am trying not to waste time on the computer.

I wanted to say how proud I have been of Luke. Luke is my very shy child. If someone says, "Hi." He doesn't respond. Going to school, primary, and other places are very hard because he is so shy. I really wanted him to do the Primary Program. As a former president, I probably felt it was my duty. The first week of the practice, he was sick. So we just sat and watched. The second practice, I had to sit with him the entire time (this was after a huge temper tantrum). When we went to the podium to say his part, he wouldn't say it even though he had it memorized. Saturday practice: he finally went in on his own. (It was just in the primary room, but still he sang, he did his part, he did it.) Sunday came, he was nervous, scared, he didn't want to do it. I just kept saying, "Luke, you can do hard things. I know you are nervous, but you can do things that are hard." So he went up, took his seat, sang all the songs, did his part perfectly, and he did a very hard thing, and did it well! I was a proud mommy! (Anakin did a great job too, he also knew all the songs, and gave his part which was, "My daddy plays legos with me, my mommy reads to me, my brother is a great big brother, and my little sister dances. I help my family by taking out the recycling."

I am 1/3 of the way done with this semester. I think I am going to make it, I too can do hard things.

P.S. I don't proof my posts anymore--it's part of trying not to spend too much time on the computer!

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

Well this certainly explains why its been awhile since you've updated. You've been a very busy lady! Congrats on all your recent successes.

And good for Luke too!

Abby said...

I heart this post. Way to go to your kiddos, especially Luke. And way to go to you for knockin' out all the hard stuff like a champ.

tammy said...

That is so sweet about Luke. I know what it's like to be shy and nervous. I was very shy and my kids tend to be also. Connor is much better than Taylor was/is, but he still was nervous for our program too. I'm glad he got through it okay. Small steps...

Rita (alias Grandma) said...

I am so proud of you all! Kaylynn for working so hard to reach her educational goals--and in my opinion, being a terrific mom too. I am also very proud of Luke for being brave. I used to have that same problem, and i know what it takes to win the battle. And very proud of Anakin , because he too wins the battles.

heather said...

Awe, good for Luke! And good for you too!! 12 papers! WOW!

-and i'm thinking you asked me a question in a comment, but I'm not sure. I'll go back and check. :)