This past week, and the weeks to come are going to be so very busy. But this week, I found my little life preserver that is going to help this family stay afloat. It was always there, and we always used it, but now I see how much it is going to save us.
That life preserver: The Book of Mormon.
On a very busy night, I had just gotten the kids to bed, and I had my first lesson plan due the next day. I hear Anakin yell, "We forgot to read our scriptures." So I ask him which story he wants to hear from the Book of Mormon. Nephi, Alma, Alma the Younger, 2000 Warriors, or Samuel the Lamanite. He said he wanted to hear about Alma. So I opened my scriptures to Mosiah 18, and we start reading and talking about the Waters of Mormon. As the weeks progress, we continue to read about their capture, bondage, and finally release. We talked about how hard it is to have me in school, but that Heavenly Father can help us, stregthen us so that those burdens will become light. I think we will be reading this story a lot.
I loved that no matter how much homework I had, how messy the kitchen was, that we had the moment we had the spirit with us, and everything seemed possible.
Yesterday, the Primary President dressed up as Sariah, and talked to the children about Book of Mormon stories. Everyone told me how many stories my kids knew (it's working). On the way out of church, Anakin said, "I just love the scriptures, and I can't wait until I can read them." I replied, you can read them, you can read the very first word of the Book of Mormon, I.
3 comments:
That's awesome.
I love it when kids start remembering the scriptures and realize that they can apply to their own lives. Great job teaching your children and cultivating that love of the scriptures. You are an awesome Mom!!
I agree with Emily K...this should just reinforce the fact that you are an awesome mom!
Post a Comment