Thursday, September 3, 2009

Help me I'm drowning!

This semester, I am in way over my head! Two classes is at least one too many. I am just hoping for survival this year--I have to keep telling myself that I can make it.

At least I really enjoy both my classes and my professors, it is just going to be intense. One of my classes we need to turn in 10 one page summaries by September 15. When the teacher announced this, one of the students asked, "All 10?" Then it was as if there was an echo in the room--all ten, all ten, all ten. Everyone was in shock. On the way home, I thought, I can't believe that I am doing this.

On the other end of things: my kids started school. Somehow they don't understand that you are supposed to take pictures on the first day of school--yikes. So far it has been pretty pleasant. Luke already got an ear infection--hopefully, we got it out of his system early this year. On the first day of school I put a note into Luke's lunchbox. When I picked him up, I asked, "Did you get a note?" Luke replied, "I saw it, but I didn't know who it was from, so I didn't read it." "I wrote it." "Then why didn't you say it was from you?" I need to make sure I put mommy on the outside of the envelope.

Anakin on the other hand, told me that the only people he misses is his grandpa and grandma. He doesn't even miss his dad when he is gone. I am so glad he had a great time with my parents while I was in school this summer!

GG: started talking more--yeah! She also has the cold that Luke brought home from school. Hopefully, it won't turn into an ear infection.

Time to do homework. I hope to do weekly posts, just to keep everything updated. Things never seem to slow down around here--well I guess we had a week of hanging out this summer. Now on to our regularly scheduled life.

4 comments:

shannon said...

Just keep telling yourself, "I CAN do hard things!"--

The beginning of September is always stressful just with kids starting school and everything, but to add your school schedule onto it, I can't imagine how you're functioning...

Hang in there...you'll do great...

heather said...

I don't know how to help you!

Hang in there!! Good luck! & know that it CAN be done! :)

Sara Lyn said...

Good luck! You can do it!

Melanie Carbine said...

The jokes on your professor. Come September 15th he or she had to review and comment on 10 x S (number of students) pages of summaries.

I'm student teaching next door to a man who has three kids and his wife is a nurse. I don't know how he does it. Probably the same way you do, on the arm of the Lord.