Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Five Year Old




Why is it when kids get to be so much fun--we send them off to school? Five is such a great age--they can actually carry on a real conversation with you, they have great memories, and they are just so much fun to hang out with! Then we send them to school--well this five year old is such a sponge--he soaks up all information quickly! He even knows how to remember big words. He just repeats them to himself over and over again until he remembers them. He loves math, outer-space, running, swimming, smiling and exploring in mud. What a great kid! He wants to be a gymnastic coach and a swimmer when he grows up. With his great mind, he'll probably do great because he will understand the physics behind every single swimming stroke and tumble.

Last night when his brother was annoying him. He goes, I'm nicer to Luke than he is to me, isn't that right Mama. At the precise moment that was true. He loves his brother so much.

As soon as we noticed that GG was not up to speed on her speech and interaction with others, I asked the boys to help me out, talk to her, play with her more. My five year old went right into action. One night after preschool he brings a photograph home. He goes into her room and says, "Miss GG here is a picture of me and Miss Kris." He has continually included her, played with her, talked to her. I am proud that he is such a great big brother. Wow--what a kid!

4 comments:

Tricia said...

I just can't believe how big he has gotten! Where does the time go? Our boys are growing up way too fast! Sean gets baptized next month!

Kate said...

sounds like you've got a good one. I though 3 was a fun age - I am looking forward to those fun 5 year old conversations. :)

shannon said...

I really enjoyed age 5 with my other 2 kids, but with my youngest (age 5 1/2), I've been struggling.
She could talk a leg off a horse!

Thank you for your kind words on my post the other day...I appreciated your feedback on the flowers...

Shelley said...

You are so right! That must be why I decided to teach them all day. They say the funniest things!