Thursday, February 24, 2011

I have new respect


For dental hygentist!!!

My oldest son had several impacted teeth--so we had to go the orthodontist! He got this place in his mouth. I am to take a little tiny tool, put it into his mouth and move the center piece. I can't do it. My son sits patiently while I try move it. We might be taking another trip to the dentist just to have them teach me how to do it again. I didn't realize their job was so difficult! It really takes a lot of skill to clean the teeth and manipulate all the tiny tools inside someone's mouth.


6 comments:

Melanie Carbine said...

I had one of those growing up: painful. I never appreciated my orthodontist ;)

shannon said...

Yowzer! that looks painful! We'll be going through all that with my gang soon...my almost 11 year old has yet to lose all of his teeth!

Kaylynn said...

I did it!!! After about ten prayers, and lots of patience from my son--I did it correctly. Now I just have another month to do it correctly!

Sharon said...

I had one of those...what a joy! It worked, but it was not fun.

Abby said...

Just make sure to tie a length of dental floss around the 'key' so you don't drop it down his throat! (I used to be an Ortho Assistant.) Best of luck!

Cynthia said...

Dang! That looks HARD to do. I hope it isn't painful to wear!