A year ago, GG was diagnosed with sensory processing disorder. The sweet child who can read, sing songs, play the piano, is amazing. She plans to go out for ice cream with Jesus when he comes again. She loves to twirl, dance, and play in water. Each day is a mixture between delight and worry! Sometimes I am completely overwhelmed, and other days extremely amazed that I am allowed to be this little girls mother!
When she was first diagnosed, I didn't know what to do to help her--I received a clear answer--read the scriptures to her! Every night I read The Book of Mormon--I think that was really for me, as a way for the Lord to let me know by the spirit that she was an amazing child, and I was doing the best for her!
GG learning how to read--she has an amazing visual memory. When she learns a word, she learns it by sight and has it in her memory forever!
I typed up and cut out the words to Brown Bear, a book she had memorized. By the end of our session--she knew all the words!
Every once in awhile she loves to ham it up for the cameras. This was her photo shoot!
For Mother's Day, she went up and sang three Mother's Day songs in church. Neither of the boys wanted to perform--but for some reason that doesn't bother her. I think she almost does better when she is going to "perform"!
She has really blossomed these past 15 months since we've gone through the process of therapy and interventions--may she continue, but not loose her GGness.
3 comments:
You are an awesome mom! I love when we listen to the spirit and it works! :)
We have experienced the miracle of reading the Book of Mormon as a family and how it has helped our little one with sensory-processing disorder.
Well if I could have special-ordered a Mom for her, it would have been you, Kaylynn!
Post a Comment