This kid loves dinosaurs. So when we had an opportunity to go on a field trip together to see dinosaurs--we jumped on it! He loved every minute of it. He knows so much information about the dinosaurs--that he was able to soak up even more information!
One morning he woke up and wrote his very own story--he followed the pattern of Brown Bear, Brown Bear what do you see--to describe his tree, flowers, caterpillars and other bugs in our front yard. After teaching 2nd grade, I do know how amazing this is!
He and his brother want to make movies together. They will be great at it!
This winter he took skating lessons! It was fun to watch him figure out how to do the swizzles, glides, one foot glides ect, ect. He want to take lessons again in the fall. He should pick it up again easily!
The artist! His Pointalism horse was exhibited at a real art museum. I love that the art museum does this, and am thankful that he had an art teacher that took the time and effort to have artwork displayed. Way to go!
A close up shot of the boy and the picture.
Don't get me wrong--he can be a bear and has a temper. Some of it stems from his being so good at everything, and trying to be good at everything. Other times it is because of lack of sleep, or just the need to get out and run.
In addition, he decided at Thanksgiving to be a Vegetarian, and has kept to his vow! He doesn't eat much candy because it is bad for him (I don't know who taught him that!) He started reading the Book of Mormon by himself--which takes a lot of patience on my part. He is amazing and will be able to do anything he puts his mind to--and more amazing no one will be able to change his mind! I just hope and pray that he continues to make a lot of great choices!
3 comments:
What a fun boy! My 4 year old, Jaren, loves dinosaurs too! How fun to see your family!
I saw Heather E at Women's Conference this past weekend and it made me think of the other Rockford-ites that I have known. I had to peek in and see how you were doing.
And he is also a terrific grandma hugger!!
The way he talks about things makes me excited aout them. Do you remember taking us on a tour of the dinosaur museum!!
Post a Comment