Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Good News on the Graduate School Front

This semester the only class that I am taking is Field Experience. It is the course that is a precurser to student teaching. Because I am a graduate student, I only need to take this course once and obtain all my "Field Experience" hours in one year (120 total). It was an overwhelming experience because the first week that I started observing, it took about 3 1/2 hours total time to get in 1 1/2 hour of observation time. But I found out last week that my work as a Curator at Southern Utah University counted toward my observation hours--now I only have to complete 90 hours. Within the next two weeks I will have another 60 under my belt. (Mike is taking vacation, and I will be working--sound familiar anyone?) The second good news: I passed the Basic Skills Test without even studying! Illinois requires that teachers take three tests before certification, and now I only have two more to go. I think that I might study for the next ones, they sound a bit harder. I love teaching, and whats even better, after two weeks in the public schools, my children are really quite amazing!

No comments: