Monday, February 18, 2008

Wow, What a Week




As I look back at the week, I am amazed that we all survived. Thanks to great friends for helping me with my kids, and also their great children who play so well with my kids. Tuesday, Mike was home, so I went to work as usual, then rushed back and Mike went to work. Wenesday, it was my first time to observe in the classroom. So I dropped Gypsy and Anakin off at our neighbors, then rushed Luke off to school, then off to the school to observe, then back to pick up the kids, then back to pick up Lukeat school. That night we had their good friends over, so their Mom could enjoy a concert that their older daughter was in--Luke loves Tanner and Zachary, and Madison their almost three year old is like a little mother to Gypsy Girl very cute. Thursday, it was back to work, the kids stayed at the their friends, then it was off to the Library for story time. They read books about Valentines Day and made cards. Then it was off to visit their cousins and deliver their Valentines day bags. When they came in, I realized that my little gift was nothing compared to the stuffed animals, balloons that the girls walked home with. Friday, took Luke to school, came home for a quick visit, then it was off to meet with my other cooperating teacher. I am going to love working with her, and I am going to give a short lesson on Thursday, the next day that I go in to observe. I invited myself over to the Millers for dinner (they watched my kids). Anakin calls it the Millenial Falcon house b/c they have a transformer that changes from the Millenial Falcon to Han Solo. Saturday, we picked up their cousins for a fun, fun, fun, day. We did crafts, went to the movies, went to McDonalds, and of course they got to play, play, play. After I dropped them off, it felt so lonely. Sunday, I got the kids ready for church. It had been awhile since I've done it by myself. At one point everyone was crying while we were in the car. I am so proud that we made it to church! Thankfully, we sit next to a dear family that helped me with Gypsy Girl. I wouldn't have made it through Sacrament Meeting without them. Primary was busy, but the Stake came in to do Sharing Time, so we had a couple of extra hands, so we came home to a very chaotic house, very tired and in much need of rest. I did get to lie down for about five minutes before I heard someone yell, "Mommy, I need you!"


3 comments:

Rita (alias Grandma) said...

Wow!
I remember the days! And it can get grueling, even though it is all fun and interesting. Actually, I ran myself into the ground, so I had to slow down after a while. It's great times though!!Even though i would not do it again!!

Rita (alias Grandma) said...

Me again! I think blogging it not only saves it for posterity, but it helps with emotional coping!!

Cathie said...

Kaylynn, I knew some Aamodts in med school--their dad doesn't happen to be a family practice doc does he? Just curious--wish I could see you! Cousin Cathie