Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Harrison Tricked Everyone, Even Mommy!
Our boys love locking our bedroom, and then opening it up with the key. So tonight Harrison took the key and pretended to put it down the heating vent. He said, "I put the key in a really safe spot, so Joshua wouldn't get it." Joshua started to cry, Mike opened the vent to see if he could find the key, and I proceded to tell Harrison that putting things down the vent is a time out. Well two seconds later he comes into the room with a huge grin on his face, holding the key and yelling, "Surprise". We thought it was pretty amazing that he could come up with the joke, and especially nice that he only made us think it was a joke for a little while. Maybe I need to look at the entire situation before I "jump" to conclusions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I like that he only kept the joke going for a little while!! No doubt the potential time out precipitated things. They are so fun at this age. It is when they are a bit older, and have figured out just how clever they really are that things get hairy :-)
Love,
Grandma
we have been talking to Harrison about the difference between funny tricks and mean tricks and one of the differences we pointed out is that with funny tricks you tell them right away that it was just a trick. We were happy to see that he had remembered that lesson.
Post a Comment