Sunday, March 30, 2008
I Don't Want to Eat my Holy Ghost
Our family scripture study consists of taking one scripture mastery a week and reading it and talking about it and also talking about other scriptures that relate to it. (We were doing one a day, but I felt as if we weren't getting anything out of it, so we went to one a week.) This week it is Alma 32:21, so we talked about the rest of Alma's sermon. First, Harrison thought it was pretty funny if we planted a seed in our heart to have a tree growing out of our bodies. Then tonight we talked about how it wasn't a seed, but the word of God and the Gospel. We all decided that those would always be good seed, so it was just a matter of nourishing it, with the Holy Ghost, following what the word said, then we would be able to eat all that was sweet above that was sweet. Joshua then proceeds to tell us that he doesn't want to eat his Holy Ghost. Joshua can feel the Holy Ghost in his heart, and if there is fruit also in his heart it must be the Holy Ghost. So I hope that maybe someday that Joshua and Harrison will be able to understand that scripture, and maybe I will too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment