Monday, March 10, 2008

Mr. Mom did Great!


This past week Mike had vacation, and I worked on getting my observation hours in at the two elementary schools. I loved it! Mike did a great job with the kids, and the house is about as clean as ever. (which is not very!) We did do some fun things during his vacation. On Monday, for Harrison's birthday we went to an indoor waterpark. We had fun. These are my favorite pictures of the boys relaxing in the chairs watching Michael Jackson videos. Mike also took them to the City for a fun filled day. I keep forgetting to mention (now that it is official), that after three wonderful years I am no longer the Primary President. I feel very honored that I got to work with a bunch of wonderful children, and with wonderful counselors. Mike is now the Elder's Quorum President, and we have survived one week with only one phone call. (The phone call was actually trying to track down a cell phone number for the Bishop, but Mike was home, so he was able to help out.) Although I love going to school, and am excited about teaching, I was also feeling conflicted about leaving my kids so much. I am very grateful for all the wonderful people that help me with my kids, but still miss them. Something that helped me in going back to school was that I was reminded that my dear Grandmother also went back to school to become a certified teacher. She was a great woman with lots of strength that always put her family first. If I can carry on that tradition, I will be very proud. I tried my best while Mike was the stay at home parent to help out around the house and be with the children. And somehow, Emily would always wait until I got home to have a poopy diaper. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Cathie said...

Kaylynn, as a busy working mommy myself (but w/only 1/3 of the kids) I understand your plight--and so do many women out there. Drop me a line if you ever need to discuss. Wish we were closer to Chicago! Cathie