Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Point

We went to Thanksgiving Point on Thursday. My mother in law, the groom, the bride, and my sister in law were decorating the cake. We needed to get all the children out of the house, so they could decorate in peace and quiet. Thankfully, I got to take my kids to Thanksgiving Point. It was so much fun!



The giant slide!



The corn maze.



The milk.



Going down the slide!



The fun dinosaurs.

One of the greatest aspects of our trip: lots of time with my kids. I don't think I cooked one meal, or cleaned the kitchen. I just played, played, and played with them. It was so much fun!

GG loved going to the Corn Maze at Thanksgiving Point. She is such an active girl that the slides, jumping tramps, water, maze, and everything was just perfect for her.

Luke and Anakin had a great time with their cousins.

The weather was beautiful. Fall is usually the best season in Illinois. Summer is too hot, winter is too cold, spring mmmm is sometimes non-existence, but fall is usually perfect. Except this fall it has rained, and rained and rained. I so enjoyed the wonderful sun and clear skies of Utah. The kids had so much fun. My sister Anne came down to see us. She spoiled my kids, and it was so much fun to see her. It was like having the best dessert during a perfect meal.



7 comments:

Cynthia said...

I'm so glad you got to spend time just playing and enjoying family.

Thanksgiving Point is quite the place! Some of the friends I graduated from school with got to help design the original gardens. I wish I'd gotten to do a once-in-a-lifetime project like that!

Mellanee said...

Wow, you were here? I hope you missed the snow. So glad you had a grand time. Thanksgiving Point is the best.

Kaylynn said...

Yes, it was a quick, quick trip. I didn't even get to see all my favorite Aunts let alone my favorite in-laws of my sister.

Kaylynn said...

Cynthia, have you ever read Devil in the White City. The author spends a lot of time writing about Olmsted and the design of the gardens around the World's Fair in Chicago. Many of his creations are still in place--they are amazing.

Rita (alias Grandma) said...

I don't know who had the most fun, those who went to Thanksgiving Point, or those who stayed home in the thick of Wedding Cake! Some of the Grandchildren wanted to go, and since we have a membership that allows grandchildren free-except for special events--this was the perfect opportunity. It is great to see the cousins playing together.

Mellanee said...

Hope to see you next time. Glad you made it home safely.

Stephanie said...

What fun Fall memories. :)