Friday, January 8, 2010

Sugar Cookie Crazy!

I love sugar cookies. Over vacation I tried out three different recipes for sugar cookies. Each with their own good points.

Sugar Cookie recipe #1
Tammy posted this recipe:

This was a great recipe for kids to be able to roll out their own dough. It rolled so easily. They were almost too soft for me. I think I like sugar cookies to be shortbreadish like. Meaning you can see layers of goodness, and these were so, so very soft and moist, no layers. Next time I want the kids to roll out their own dough, I will definitely use this recipe.

Sugar Cookie recipe #2
Courtesy of the Splendid Table

The first time they came out too buttery. So I cut out the 2 Tablespoons of butter and doubled the baking powder. I also just rolled the entire recipe into a log, and cut out circles. I wanted the kids to decorate balls on New Year's Eve to represent the ball that is dropped in Times Square. My husband thought these were the best tasting. It was really easy to make the balls and the kids had a great time decorating them on New Year's Eve.

Sugar Cookie recipe #3
Courtesy of Ginger Marshall

1 cup powdered sugar
1cup regular sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup oil
2 eggs
1tsp vanilla

Mix dry
4 1/3 cup flour
1/2-1 tsp salt
1tsp baking soda
1tsp cream of tarter
Mix wet & dry--refrigerate. Will be sticky so roll out on floured surface a little at a time. Leave the rest in the fridge. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

My personal favorite. The dough is difficult to work with, but they are soft and have the layered butter, flour, sugar that I adore in sugar cookies.

Now with Valentine's Day approaching, I would like to make some more sugar cookies, so I need more recipes! I will be giving away the newest Emma movie for those that enter the contest.

The recipes are due by February 14, 2010. The winner will be announced on February 15. As I get recipes, I will post the recipes and my personal review and rating system. You only need to send in a recipe to enter.

Email your recipes to

kaylynntje@gmail.com

6 comments:

heather said...

This is what I do.

I go to the grocery & find the pre-made stuff. Then I follow the directions on the label.

It works every time. :)

Okay. Never before have a wished I had a recipe for sugar cookies, but now I do 'cause I sure love Emma!

Kaylynn said...

Heather, what brand. It counts! (Or just take one from allrecipes.com and send it to me.)

tammy said...

Thanks for the link-up. Man, it is getting close to Valentine's Day isn't it? I guess I better plan a day to make more cookies. There are two holidays my boys won't let me get out of making sugar cookies and V-day is one of them!

I'll look for some more recipes for you. Are you going to try them all?

tammy said...

http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/sugar_cookies/

These looked good. I think if my family didn't love my recipe, I'd try these.

Abby said...

Ooooh! A contest! I love it! I will hunt down a recipe and send it in!

Mellanee said...

I'll just make the one with all the butter.