Sunday, May 25, 2008

Scripture Reading

Only about 1/10 of our family scripture reading is at all effective! Thankfully we read the scriptures every night, so we have some really interesting converstions. Tonight, I learned that Anakin doesn't want to die, and he wants to have his body forever. So I thought, great, this might solve our problem about him not wanting to follow the prophet! I will teach him about translated beings and have him work towards that goal. Will it work, will he be so good that he could someday be translated. I think that is my only hope with such a determined little boy who doesn't want to loose his body! Luke, on the other hand, wants to die, so he can go to Heaven and see Jesus and Hinckley Boy (our family name for President Hinckley). Great--let's work on that, but please not right away! Luke did think that I would already be dead when he died, and Anakin wants us to all not die together. I'll go for that! I already have to too much separation. Have a great Memorial Day!

1 comment:

Rita (alias Grandma) said...

Hi,
The most important thing is if they have plenty of opportunity to feel the spirit. The comfort with doctrine will come as they grow! Music is a good way. Scripture reading has more effect than is evident. 10% is not bad for this age!! You can only expect 2-5 minutes of focus!!