My kids love this day. This morning in the car, Luke says, "My winter croc fell off my left foot!" "I'm sorry!" I reply. "April Fools!" Then Anakin in the back of the car holds up his stocking foot and asks, "Mommy which foot is this?" I reply, "Your left." "My croc fell off my left foot! April Fools!" (I don't think he quite gets the concept, but we all laugh anyways!)
They love this holiday, and it is fun for a day!
I really can't think up good pranks, but others in my family can think them up and willingly I comply.
This is one of the scenarios:
I'm in third grade, my older brother Joseph is in fifth grade. We grew up in a small town (our elementary school had two grades/class k-6), and our entire family went there from kindergarten to sixth grade. April fools rolls around, and my brother had been sick. It was probably strep throat, something that I never experienced, but he always had. In those days you sent a note to school after you were better. But that day, I brought in the note to his teacher.
My mom wrote up the note:
"Joseph is seriously ill, and we had to take him to the hospital last night where he was admitted." The note continued with all sorts a maladies that he had. My brother is one of those charismatic individuals that people just love right away. He was probably this particular teacher's favorite. I deliver the note to the teacher and wait because I am supposed to bring home his homework. As she reads the note, she continues to become more distraught. Then she turns the note over and she reads, "April Fools."
Thanks to my mom (who later became school board president of this same school district), and my brother, I got to deliver a great April Fool's joke. One that I would have never thought of on my own!
6 comments:
That is funny. I love to play April Fool's jokes. I can't wait to hear how my son likes his "lunch" I made him today.
Very funny--
I always have high hopes for doing something fun, but my ideas always fizzle out...
I've still got some more time in the day, though, to come up with something...
Jeepers. I hope you didn't give that teacher a mild heart attack as well!
I'm a terrible pranker. I used to either always get caught or end up taking it too far and somebody would get their feelings hurt. So I don't prank any more.
('cept at Girls Camp...)
How fun!!! I don't know of too many April Fool's Day jokes. Have a great week.
That is a great story.
And I love little kids' ideas of pranks.
You are too funny. I love the wit of it all. I need to take lessons from you :)
Post a Comment