Sunday, September 7, 2008

Garage Sale!

For the past two days we had our very first garage sale, and probably our last. We only made $70.00, so either we didn't put enough junk out, or we don't have that much junk. Some of my neighbors have made over a thousand dollars, so I was surprised that we didn't even break a hundred. I've actually did a garage sale when I was little: Jennie, Joseph and I ate all of Joseph's cubscout candy. My mom, the ever the punishment fits the crime, made us earn all of the money back by selling all that we had at a garage sale.

  • I asked Mike if he could relieve me so I could take a shower, he replied: "I won't be relieved until it is over.
  • Strongman kept taking things out of the garage sale because they were his "favorite toys" that he hasn't played with in over a year.
  • Goalieboy loved the garage sale, especially because we bought his cousins scooter at our own garage sale and played with it outside for two days straight.

The kids loved it, so maybe they can talk me into having another one, but it will have to be in about ten more years.

1 comment:

Rita (alias Grandma) said...

Glad you had a good time!
We felt the same way! We had fun, and it was a great family activity, but never again if I can help it :-)
Mark wanted to sell his old furniture, so we put in all we could find, and we had a really good system for accounting (coming from years of reading Womens magazines on the best way to do it. We even sold most things. Michael set up two stations. One was a "help station" where he sat at an upturned boxes offering people grocery bags, and any help they needed. Then half way through he turned it into a lemonade stand and made a tone of money )a very hot day!). We had a lot of customers, and i even sold the last of my Wedgwood. However, periodically a vehicle of really rough tough looking guys would stop by, usually immigrants, and they would pull up, look at Mark and leave!! We would not try it again without similar security!!