Mike (36) has had the joy of commuting to New York City this year instead of Washington D.C. His schedule has been a lot worse, but he has been able to get most Sundays off. Getting Sundays off is important because he is now the Elders Quoram President. He is doing a great job. I think the highlight of his year was flying a helicopter! He is a great Dad, and he tells the boys lots and lots of stories. He even can tell them stories when he is away. Some of the favorites: Leah and the three lightsabers, the three marshans, and triceratops and the cave.

I (Kaylynn) (37) started graduate school and love it! At the end of my experience, I will have a Masters of Arts in teaching and be certified to teach K-8 grade--then will be the fun part, finding a job. It will take a full five years to complete, but I am taking it slow, only one class at a time. I ended my tenure of being Primary Presdient in February (it was a wonderful three years!). I miss it terribly, but I needed the time for school and family. I teach adult Sunday School every other week--I love reading the scriptures, but you can't be quite as creative with adults. I continue to enjoy my children and love to watch them grow and develop. I started blogging this year, and find it very rewarding!
Luke (5) is learning how to read, loves school, was the best goalie on his soccer team, and is a great big brother. School this year has been wonderful because his best friend is in the same classroom. It has helped him with confidence! He has a great imagination, and has started to write stories. We have started this new scripture reading program--I start by drawing a scripture story, and then the boys add to the story and color it in while I am reading them the scriptures. So when Abinadi gets burned the fire shoots out and grabs King Noah. The Stripling Warriors have swords on their feet, and the bad guys sometimes have six arms. He is at a great age!
Gypsy Girl (almost 18 months--two more Sundays then Nursery here we come!) has had a great year! She learned how to crawl on Easter day, walk on her birthday (not really but very close!) She is saying lots of words. She loves to read books, play the piano, get tickled, and be a girl in every single way. Her favorite show is Backyardigans, we are convinced that she is in love with Pablo! She continues to be a joy to everyone! Luke knows everything that she loves, "She really loves her blanket! She just loves Backyardigans!"
8 comments:
Merry Christmas! I hope you enjoy the rest of your holidays. It sounds like you are off to a good start!
Merry Christmas! Your gypsy girl is adorable and DOES look like Thing3 when she was that age!
I'm a little embarrassed that my Christmas letter was on the bulletin board at church--- I didn't proof read it and found a MAJOR mistake in it (like a cut and paste type mistake...) ho hum.
Merry Christmas! My kids are jealous your already opened their presents!
We've had to adjust Christmas before too. Good thing Santa is accomodating to those dads that have to be away on Christmas day.
Cute post and fun to get to know your family a little more.
I did something similar w/ my kids and there scriptures when they were growing up. That story you told brought back good memories. Now I'll have to do it w/ My grandkids. Merry Christmas!
What a fun day. I was the Nursery leader for 15 years so I know all too way what you are talking about.
Merry Christmas! M
So Cute. It sounds like you are having a really great Christmas so far. We would love to come to your New Year's Eve party. What time?
Aren't they a cute bunch--parents and children--and I am not in the least prejudiced!!==Grandma
So great to catch up and hear all the fun you are up to! Merry Christmas!
The Nevin Family
Post a Comment