Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Next 6 Weeks.........

I will be a stay at home mom. So watch out world here I come. On my first day of freedom, I made homemade Sweet Pepper Soup and Lion House Rolls. It was so delicious, and so much better than McDonalds. We also cut out snowflakes, thanks to Suzy Q, and played with home made play dough. It was so relaxing: no papers, no tests, and no school.

Recipe:
2 cups chopped onions
1 Tablespoon butter or vegetable oil
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
1/4 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
6 cups chopped red and green bell peppers (about 6 peppers)
2 cups water or vegetable stock (I always use chicken stock or bullion, sorry vegetarians)
1 cups sour cream
2 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
salt and black pepper to taste

In a covered soup pot, saute the onions and spices on medium heat in the butter or oil for about 3 minutes, until barely softened. Add the bell peppers and cook, covered, until just soft, stirring occasionally. In a blender or food processor, whirl the cooked items and the remaining ingredients. Don't over-process; small pieces of peppers should remain. Return the soup to the pot and gently reheat, adding salt and pepper to taste.

I actually process the onion and green peppers before cooking; it saves time! It is a wonderful recipe from the Moosweood Restaurant.

5 comments:

dede said...

WOW - you better pace yourself! Hope all went well with your finals!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the snowflakes!! It's such a thrill to see them popping up all over the place in blog land -- I'm taking over the world!!! Bwa-ha-ha!

No, seriously, your time off sounds idyllic. It has been liberating to tell people, 'no, sorry, I can't do that today because I'm playing with kids. Sorry.' Giving my time has been the best gift I could give them this Christmas and always!!

Rita (alias Grandma) said...

I loved my 20 years as a full-time Mom! It was hard in the 1970s when we were all so despised, but I would not trade it for the world. It is a different world nowadays though. I also LOVED going to work when I needed to for College and missions. It was good to get positive feedback for effort!!

Lene said...

whoa....you really need to pace yourself. You are giving us full-time stay-at-home Moms a guilt trip.

The soup sounds really yummy.

Kaylynn said...

Hi! This is Pilotboy speaking. Just wanted to tell Kaylynn how proud we are of her hard work in school and at home this year. Kaylynn got an A on her final by the way!
We love having her home though and everyone is having a blast!