Tuesday, February 3, 2009

An Actual Conversation

I made French Toast for the kids brunch today.

Luke: "Mom, don't let it burn!"

Me (I run over to the stove, and the French toast had burned)

Luke : "What happened?"

I show him the French toast and reply, "I burned it."

Luke: "Mom, you don't cook anymore because you love to blog."

Me: "That's right Luke."

I then drop them off at school, come home, and start to make myself some French Toast. I hate waiting for it to cook, so I start to do the dishes. This time I burn it again, but with no witnesses. Maybe I don't cook because I like doing dishes so much!

In reality, I'm exhausted, always exhausted. The kids kept waking up last night: 3:30, 4:00, and 4:30.

9 comments:

Annette Lyon said...

I'd laugh, but this sounds suspiciously like me. :)

Pancake said...

you know what... come here I will tell you a secret, they make french toast you can heat up in the mirco wave.... shhhhhhh

shannon said...

I feel for ya, my friend! I swear that my kids are out to get me in the night!...I feel like I develop a nervous condition the next day after getting up with them several times in the night. ...
:(

tammy said...

I have the same problem. Or not even starting the french toast in the first place. And then a half hour later they remember I haven't fed them yet. I'm checking myself into rehab. Just as soon as I finish updating my blog...

Shauna said...

Sorry I haven't been by for a few work has been crazy busy! ♥ Hugs :)

Shauna said...

Sorry I haven't been over in a few! Work has been way crazy! ♥ Hugs :)

Rita (alias Grandma) said...

Yes! It sounds so familiar. Not enough sleep and too much to fit into a day. I think I was in a permanent coma while my little ones were young. I know I did not have the patience I should have had because I was so strung out all the time.
Also, blogging is addictive. So is Family History, reading good books, doing crosswords and being out in society doing good things. Blogging is also part of the creativeness that Br Uchtdorf talked about. Its an electronic form of scrapbooking and journal writing. Which are also addictive. It is better than housework, to which I can easily get addicted!! Go figure!!

heather said...

Thats a good story. My husband told me the same thing three days ago. And he was right.

Anonymous said...

Yea. I'd go with doing too many dishes if I were you!