Yesterday, my oldest son was sick--too sick to go to school--but not too sick to come to work with me. As we were walking to my class, I told him some of the memories I had as a girl going to work with my dad. It felt as if I was giving him those same good memories that I had as a child. My dad's office had a great chalkboard that we could color on, an elevator that we could play on, and some fun games to play. (The Tower of Hanoi has always and will always be one of my favorites!)
Luke enjoyed being with me the entire day, do you think he might get sick again? I loved taking him to Reading Methods, and having the professor read us One, Two, Buckle my Shoe. Not only did the professor read it to us once, but several times. We practiced rhyming, finding sounds in a word, and even played I Spy With My Little Eye. College is just like kindergarten. (Coming full Circle, again!) Luke thought it was very funny that I was learning the same things that he learned in school. I thoroughly enjoyed having him with me the entire day, so I'm kind of glad that he was sick. (Am I a bad mother?) I really do want him to get better because next class we are getting into really hard stuff--schwas! It might be over his head, then again it might not:)
11 comments:
Sometimes we just want to spend the entire day with them and I think it is ok. Your class sounds a lot like mine, lately. Have a great week.
Schwas! :) I had so much fun in my el ed program. Too bad there was just no way to prepare me for what was ahead! Agh!
No, I'm not applying for teaching jobs. I WOULD go back to a preschool, but there aren't any around here hiring.
Mostly my job aps are for places that teens and college students work at. Nice, huh.
I love that you did that! And you are A GREAT MOTHER for doing it! Those things are so important!
Thanks for entering my contest! Stop back and VOTE for your fave purple thing. Some are way craaaazy!
That is great. It warms my heart when I hear a mom want to be with her kids. I do hope he is feeling better, but maybe not much better. m
What a great way for him to spend a sick day. He still got an education....the best one ever, on the skirt tails of his mother.
Some of my favorite memories are when my mother shared stories of when she was little...I think it's great that you both connected in this way...
Hope he gets better soon (but not too soon (but not too soon!):)
How fun!! And how luck that you have classes you can bring him to. My college experience was NOTHING like kindergarten! I can just see the reaction of my professors if I tried bringing a Kindergartner to Advanced Partial Differential Equations. That would not have been fun for anyone :)
Kaylynn, I love that you did this. You are an AWESOME Mom!
I took Abby to work with me one day and she got to observe eye surgery, as in stand in the operating room over the doctors shoulder as he explained everything he was doing. Though she decided not to be an eye surgeon, it was a great memory maker.
A day with Mom at school, or just a day with Mom is worth every single minute and every single memory.
Sounds like a great day! You were wise to take him to work with you. They learn so much from being with us.
Just stopped by to say hello and let you know I'm a follower now. I want to keep track of my "walking across america" friends. Have a great Day!
I loved going to Dad's office. I think what I remeber the most was drawing circles with his compases, both on paper and on the chalk board in his office.
Post a Comment