Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Chicago Trip Part 1: The Aquarium


We had a great time in Chicago. Rather than drive down early in the morning, and come home exhausted at the end of the day, we drove down on Friday, stayed the night and came home rested on Saturday.

Part 1: the aquarium. We had a great time at the aquarium. Surprisingly, it wasn't overly crowded. It was too late for school field trips and tool early for summer tourist. We saw and recognized so many marine life. In preparation for our field trip, we read My Visit to the Aquarium. The boys recognized a lot of fish from the book. It is interesting to see how much they learn and grow!

They also had a new play portion at the aquarium. The boys loved the submarine. I loved watching them play, especially when Luke was ordering Captain Anakin in the sub. They played there for a good 20 minutes.



Anakin loved finding different animals. I especially loved seeing the iguana. We saw lots of fish, of course; frogs, chameleons, dolphins, and beluga whales.



Gypsy Girl loved all the stairs. While Mike and the boys watched the dophin and beluga show, Gypsy Girl and I climbed up and down stairs. She is getting really good. Then for her next adventure: becoming a penguin. They set up a little rock climbing, slide, dress up area resembling penguin habitat. She loved it!

6 comments:

Martha Lee said...

It sounds like you had a great time, every single one of you.

Hey I am the first to comment. That is hard to do on your blog.

Erin said...

How fun! It has been way too long since my kids have been to an aquarium.

Anonymous said...

I wish we lived closer to venues like this. We have three science museums in the near-ish vicinity, but no zoos or water parks or other summer vacation spots. (Just lots and lots of nature in our backyard!) Looks like fun! I would have loved the penguins!

Elisa said...

I love the Aquarium! It's one of my favorite places to take my kids!

Kate said...

Looks like tons of fun. HOpe you are enjoying your summer.

shannon said...

Looks like loads of fun!--I like how you've collaged the pictures :)