As part of their work job, they cleaned the kitchen floor. They do this with scrub brush, washcloths and a bucket of soapy water. Any stain on the floor became a boss, and they needed to defeat the bosses as they cleaned the floor. I came in to help them finish the job--they were very happy to have someone else on their team.
I took the kids to my parents in upstate New York. They will be staying there while take two classes in two weeks. Usually it takes me two semesters to get through two classes, so I love this intense class schedule. To help get us through the trip: I broke each portion of the trip into levels that we had to overcome.
We had seven levels:
- Getting to the bus terminal. We were actually early, so we got a lot of bonus points.
- The bus ride. Gypsy Girl got ansy, and wanted to walk around, but we were able to overcome even that boss!
- Getting checked in and through security, then getting on the plane. (We fly standby, so there are always obstacles to getting on!)
- Our first flight from O'Hare to Philadelphia. We had the seats, but they were all middle seats all over the plane. Luckily, two people changed their coveted aisle and window seat, so we could sit together. Level 3 completed!
- Our layover in the airport: Mike was actually working that day, so he met us at the plane and helped us transfer. We got to eat together, and see the crew room.
- Our flight from Philadelphia to Binghamton. We actually sat on the tarmac longer than we were in the air. The boys were so cute because they knew we had to pray to help get over that obstacle of waiting to take off!
- The drive from the airport to my sisters house. (I wanted to see her new house, and she was going to take them to my parents the next day.)
5 comments:
So nice of you to house some kids. That will be so fun. Great job and have a great summer.
I dont know if I would survive playing that game. you must have had some extra lives stored somewhere - I know I would have needed them. :) good luck with everything!
oh, and your comment about the dishwasher chart - that will NOT leave the blog. We wouldnt want to give anyone's husband the idea that emptying the dishwasher is something I should be doing. :) it was funny though. that would be a game in itself!
I am sure you do miss the kids. I bet they are having a blast though.
I always stress about not being able to sit together.
Good luck. I hope the class goes by fast and isn't too hard. You will be so glad that you were able to finish it faster than a regular class. Good luck.
Post a Comment