Friday, June 5, 2009

Chicago Trip Part 4: Millennium Park--The Crown Fountain






We are nearing the end of our fabulous trip. After visiting The Cloud, we walked down to The Crown Fountain. All the kids had a blast playing in the water. Anakin loved when the head would spurt out water, and he placed his foot in the exact spot to be splashed. Anakin waited patiently two times for the water to spurt out. There is such a wonderful feeling in the park: families are enjoying themselves. We met and spoke to other visitors and locals alike.

After the Millennium Park, we walked to The Art Institute of Chicago. We went to the Impressionist wing and saw Monet's, Manet's, and most importantly Seurat. Luke had learned about Pointallism in school, so I wanted him to see the real thing. Gypsy Girl slept through the entire museum tour (a tender mercy of the lord). We felt like great parents because people were commending us on bringing our kids to the museum. We went to the basement of the musuem where they had a nice hands on exhibit. It was the end of a wonderful day.

We had McDonalds for lunch, got our luggage, car, and drove home! (The hotel let us store our luggage after we had checked out.) We were home and unpacked by 4pm. We had enough time to go to the grocery store, bathe, and get ready for church.

Usually after a day trip to Chicago, we come home exhausted--but this was wonderful and relaxing. I think we want to do this again!

Other news: the boys have Father's and Sons this weekend. I take a State Certification Test on Saturday. I've been doing practice tests, and my weakness is Illinois History. I start school on Tuesday. The kids go to grandmas and grandpas for two weeks starting Thursday, and Mike and I are being a Mom and Dad for Youth Conference (I think) on the 12 & 13. June is looking to be a very busy month--but then again I like it that way!

3 comments:

shannon said...

I love Chicago...
The painted wall by the fountain is really neat!

What is your youth conference activity? Are you doing a trek? So nice that the kids will be able to be a grandma and grandpa's--

sorry I've been MIA--I always OCD on these enrichment events...I'm sure my family is glad that this is over!

Kate said...

i loved all of your trip posts. I have been through Chicago,(and in both airports several times) but have never stopped and did any sight seeing.
It looks like everyone had a great time!
it is always nice to get home though. :)

Debbie said...

That fountain looks wonderful. I'm so glad you all had such a great time.