It's exhausting, but also rewarding. It's always nice to step away from things, and come back to them. After my kids were gone for two weeks, it's nice to have them home!
So some of the things I've done since they been home: run the dishwasher at least 10 times (I ran it twice while they were gone!)
Did six loads of laundry (they even came home with all clean clothes).
Made lots of food! Went shopping almost every single day because I always forgot something at the store. Watched my sister's kids twice. (I totally offered while my kids were gone to watch her kids, but somehow she needed it more when my kids were home.)
Went to the Library--an exhausting experience--Gypsy Girl is an escape artist in the Library. She has even gone out the doors.
Went to church with the three kids (Mike went early for meetings)--I thought I would be late, but I was actually 10 minutes early.
Started home summer school. We've done M&M counting and sorting, M&M science experiments, reading, writing, and a lot of fun math. Still working on one class.
Gotten lots and lots of hugs, and given lots and lots of hugs. Comforted my kids, taught my kids, snuggled with my kids, and enjoyed having them home.
The work load is amazing--but so are the rewards!
5 comments:
Good for you! Wow, I can't believe how busy you've been!
I'm glad you had the opportunity to 'miss' them. We all need that sometimes so we can come back at this Mothering thing with fresh eyes and perspective.
It feels so good to be reunited. I came home to a very clean house from my vacation and yet, just 2 days later (and one day no one was home as the boy and I were at Scout Camp), it manages to need lots of cleaning again. They ARE a lot of work but worth it.
I need to start our summer home study stuff too. I meant to get going before now but haven't. Thanks for the reminder too!
Abby, that's how busy all mom's of three young children are! It is amazing how much mom's do!
As always, it's crazy busy! But still fun to have them home, isn't it?
I can't imagine -- two WHOLE WEEKS, without kids? I have to know... what did you do to fill the hours while they were gone? Bathtubs full of Calgon, peeled grapes and bon bons? Or did you actually do something productive -- all that academic stuff? Please tell me you took a leetle time for yourself?
Post a Comment