
After we left the Aquarium, we walked back to our car at Soldier Field. We made a quick stop at the Children's Garden. You can see the Sear Tower above Anakin, and Soldier Field behind Luke. The boys had a great time playing. Luke would even hold the rope ladder steady while Anakin climbed up. I love seeing their team work! Even though it was fun, the boys were excited to go to the hotel--we had promised them swimming you see!
Mike got reservation through hotwire.com, and we stayed at the Palmer House Hilton. I felt a little out of place until I realized that there were other hotwire guests. We had a great time at the swimming pool.
The only down side was dinner. Gypsy Girl threw up during dinner--I'm so glad we decided to leave the hotel for dinner rather than stay in. We got settled in the room, and slept fairly well. (As well as you can sleep in a hotel room.)
9 comments:
That looks like a beautiful Chicago day!
I'm going to be singing Hotwire.com all the live long day. Thanks.
Sounds like a fun trip! That playground looks like a lot of fun.
Oh, poor little Gypsy girl! It is not fun to get sick in a strange place, especially a swanky hotel. Hope she's feeling better!
And did I miss something, or did you already explain why you went to Chicago in the first place? Just for fun, or for business, or for the heck of it?
What a fun time! I am not convinced that you guys are actually out of place anywhere.
How fun. I bet your kids loved it.
I'm planning on using hotwire for a trip we are going on in a couple of weeks.
You guys had a wonderful time!
Looks like a great trip. (The latest post wouldn't let me comment.)
My kids are still talking about the pool that we had in our hotel last year when we went to Virginia. They don't ever talk about the actual vacation...just that silly pool!
Sorry about Gypsy Girl getting sick...that is totally the pits to get sick when you're away from home!
What did you use to make your colleges with? I love them. They are going into the next addition of Mom's and Dad's pitcher frame.
Post a Comment