Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It's Quiet Here


I'm back in school, for two weeks of intense study. My children are at my parents, so it is quiet, sometimes gloriously quiet, and sometimes too quiet.

I do miss my kids--I really do! On the other hand, the quiet is refreshing. It is calm and the house is clean. The only time it is too quiet--the night! Meaning when I try to fall asleep. Then I have to make lots of noise, so I don't hear every little bump in the night.

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

Good luck with the school stuff. I'm sure you'll do great!

I'd LOVE to have my kids be elsewhere for a few days and enjoy a clean and quiet house all to myself. Of course, after the first couple of days I think I would experience the same 'too quiet' feeling you mention. Maybe!

Elisa said...

That sounds like Heaven!

Good luck with school.

Kate said...

that should be a nice mini vacation - minus the school work... :) have a good quiet time!

shannon said...

I'm envious of the peace and quiet...but I do understand the concept of being "too quiet" sometimes...

Enjoy the break!