I really need how to use photo shop and all add cool backgrounds because then you would never see the mess in the background--now on to the real post.
Yesterday, was a tough day for Anakin. Everyone got loaded up in the car and on the way to school. When we got to school, we realized that I had forgotten his backpack. Anakin would not get out of the car, he was heartbroken. I had to carry him into school, letting him know that he was not going to get in trouble, people forget their backpacks all the time, and it was going to be OK. Luckily, Luke and the playground workers backed me up. My plan was to go his classroom and tell teacher that we had forgotten his backpack, but when we got to the main door of the school, there she was. He was still really sad, but was reassured that they would give him a bag to take home with him. He made it, and when I picked him up, he had his grocery bag with all his papers in it. Hopefully, we will never forget his backpack again. (I mean I will never forget the backpack again!)
Mike was home last night, so he read to the boys, then I came in and gave the boys a big hug. I said, "Oh Anakin, you are so special!" Then he replies, "You're special too!" Now I was feeling really wonderful, especially after the backpack incident, until he goes, "Everyone is special!" It's true that everyone is special, but just for a moment it was just me. It was a sweet nanosecond of time, and it made up for the failings of the morning. So maybe the post should read: Mommy's day --started out rough, but ended up sweet.
8 comments:
That's sweet. At least you were special for a moment - lol. We had a day just last week where Connor asked me to put his homework in his backpack for him, and I forgot. I felt sooo bad. I ended up running it over later to make up for it.
He is a cutie - I love your picture! We too, have forgot many a backpacks (luckily, we are within walking distance of the school!)
I would have gladly gone back to the school and delivered the backpack, but it was a work/class day for me. I taught PowerPoint, and I took my class, then I made the rounds and picked up all the kids! So the guilt was just compounded!
That is so sweet. I'm glad that he was able to be reassured!
It is good that you gave him the opportunity to know that the world does not fall apart if all is not as expected. There are opportunities to solve the problem. Now how do we teach the 8-year old Grandson that ;-)
Don't you just love it when they have nice things to say about you. It melts your heart, that's for sure!
i love stories like this.
it gives me warm fuzzies...
and really makes me anxious for the day i'll hear things like that, too.
jj
Post a Comment