Yesterday, we went to the Library before school, then it's lunch, and drop off at the school. I didn't want Gypsy Girl to fall asleep in the car between the library and school--so the boys and I worked really hard at keeping her awake. We came up with this song, "Stay awake, stay awake, stay awake, then a loud with our hands in the air----stay awaaaaaake." (My hands were on the wheel, I promise!" It kept Gypsy Girl wide awake, and she took a nap for me that afternoon.
Now after a late night (dinner at my sister's and a school concert), I told the boys that it would be OK if Gypsy Girl fell asleep. They then wanted to sing her the lullaby: "Go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleeeeeeeeeeep!" They didn't like any of my ideas of singing any normal lullabies. Needless to say everyone was still awake when we arrived in the driveway.
3 comments:
cute story - I was pulling some tricks of my own to keep my 5 year old up at the movies tonight!
i love the way you deal with the children. Lots of songs, fingerplays and games. I never had the strength to do what I wanted in that area, even when i had only three like yours. (Stunkboy was four years old before i had the fourth.) They benefit so much from that kind of fun!
you'd be surprised how those songs can stick for YEARS....my sister made one up about 12 years ago on a road trip about how she had to pee and there was no where to go.
it still gets sung. a lot. pretty much every time someone has to pee now.
but i like the sleep ones better. :)
and thank you for the comment you left me the other day...it really made me feel so much better.
Post a Comment