Friday, November 21, 2008
Work Jobs
My boys and I do work jobs everyday together, and Thursdays is garbage day. I used to hate taking out the garbage, and not do it until Friday morning when I would hear the garbage man come by. I would run out in my slippers and coat chasing the garbage man with my recycling. But now I love it! Luke, Anakin and I go through the entire house emptying all the trash cans then taking it out the big garbage and recycling. Last night Anakin took out the kitchen garbage (it was heavy, but he is so strong!) Luke took out the house garbage, and I took the last of the recycling to the garage. Then Anakin pushed the recycling out to the curb and Luke and I took the big garbage. It was so fun to watch Anakin and Luke get so excited about taking the garbage out. In fact, as I was telling them how proud I was of their accomplishment, I started to cry. My little boys are growing up. When we first moved here, Luke was not even two, and Joshua 2 1/2 months old. Now they are taking the garbage out! My favorite part about the whole experience: it made an unhappy chore turn into a great family activity!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Honestly since I have been married I have taken the garbage out maybe five times. Yes five times in 12 1/2 years. Gotta love Big Daddy for that!
Look at you turning something as boring as taking out the trash -into something so family fun-ish!
Chore time is Family Fun Time!! We have the chore sticker charts, and the incentive programs, and my family all chips in to chase after the garbage truck!
You gotta' make the yucky stuff fun. There's no other way to do it so your children will actually WANT to grow up and manage a house of their own someday!
The best part about the garbage is that I didn't try to make it fun--it was just fun because the boys were having so much fun doing it! I wish that I could have my husband take out the trash, but most weeks that would mean that it would sit outside on the curb for the whole week while he was at the work.
giggle giggle.
you should email me so we can chat about where we live.
spasm5 at att dot net
That's so cute! I always forget until Friday morning to take my garbage out too. I love how you compare how much they have grown up with the fact that they now take out the garbage.
The other day I told Brian I couldn't wait to have kids so they coule help me around the house. Is that wrong?
My boys have always had a fascination with garbage trucks. Once when my oldest was 2 or 3, he watched the garbage truck dump our garbage and take it away, and he started crying. He wanted his garbage back. It was so funny. I had to promise him that there would always be more garbage.
It's so nice when they get old enough to help, and want to help too.
Post a Comment