Friday, May 15, 2009

One year closer to the magical age. . . .

I had a great birthday yesterday. . . .

Anakin gave me 38 hugs!

I could give Luke 38 hugs!

Gypsy Girl and I danced the day away!

I took the kids out to eat for two meals (Mike was on the last day of his trip, and I wasn't about to cook on my birthday.) We went to the McDonald's Mall for the first meal, where my neighbor, who is also the manager, paid for our meal! Yeah for good neighbors! (She didn't even know it was my birthday.) Then I had to bribe my six year old to go to Chili's for dinner. Yummmm! The best part about going out to eat: NO DISHES!

My grade came in for my class--A--outstanding! (I got nearly a perfect grade on the final--so close to 100% yet so far away.)

I asked Luke and Anakin what they would give me if they had all the money in the world.

Anakin: I wind up robot. (I'd just bought $1.00 robots at Target, so I'm not so impressed.)

Me: I life size robot that would clean the kitchen for me?

Anakin: YES!

Luke: 537 Slinkys so you could put them together to make a robot to do all your work for you.

Aren't those the most thoughtful gifts ever! I'm really wanting that wind up robot right now--I've got dishes to do.

Mike came home at 9:30 with flowers in his hands--I was conked out on the couch by then, but I will enjoy the flowers for the rest of the week!

8 comments:

Jan said...

Happy Belated. Sounds like a fun day for you. Gypsie dancing sounds way cool :)

dede said...

happy birthday!

heather said...

Happy Birthday!

Yay for the A!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you!

Debbie said...

I'm glad it was a good birthday. May babies are the best:)

shannon said...

Happy belated birthday...
38 hugs sounds like the best gift ever! :)

Cynthia said...

Happy Birthday (a few days late, I'm behind).

When your boys get to manufacturing that robot I want one too!

Abby said...

Holy cow I am so behind on my blog reading! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!

I am so grateful that my brother (admittedly, my very favorite brother) has been able to meet Martha and marry into such a wonderful, INTELLIGENT family.

I've so enjoyed getting to know you more through your blog, and I hope that the coming year brings you all the things you have wanted and worked so hard for!

Sincerely,
Abby