We have a little trouble during Sacrament Meeting lately. Last week--Gypsy Girls diaper came off. I really didn't feel like getting peed on while carrying her to the Mother's Room, so I changed her diaper right in the meeting. Then two days ago Luke wet his pants in the bathroom. We were singing the Sacrament Song when he needed to go to the potty. I trot three kids out (Mike was at work) and we didn't make it to the bathroom on time--yikes. Then I run back in to get my keys. We run home for a change of clothing, and get back in time for Sunday School.
Note to self: make sure Luke pees in the potty before we go to church!
Other news: I will now be teaching the 16-17 year old Sunday School Class. I am very excited! I can let my creative juices flow. I already love most of those kids in the class--so it will be a joy!
I had a great weekend: my sisters: Jennie, Martha and Anne went to Springfield, Illinois. We heard my dad present a paper at the Mormon Historical Association, went to the Lincoln Museum, and enjoyed being with each other with no kids! It was fun. I didn't take any pictures, but my sister did. My parents, Aunt and Uncle, younger sister, and nephew all were here for Memorial Day. It was great!
10 comments:
I would have loved to attend the MHA meeting! (A good friend of mine is on the new board--some fancy-schmancy position. That, and I love Mormon history.)
The potty stories take me back to the days--and make me exceedingly grateful they're in the PAST. (I still walk past the diaper aisle and laugh maniacally.)
Oh, and I just got the same calling--it ROCKS!
Yikes! I hope your potty troubles are obver with! Sounds like you've got things under control. Glad you had fun with your sisters! That's really cool about your dad, too.
Oh yes! Iremember those days. I resorted to having a full cahnge of clothes in the car for each child on Sundays. Of course, we did Tuesdays and Wednesdays too back then.
The 16-17 year olds are really fun! It is the same lesson book too isn't it. Lucky students, I say.
Glad you had a good time with your sisters! Any chance your Dad would send a copy of his presentation out? I'd love to read it.
Tell him congratulations.
Love,
R
Just keep diapers on the kids til they're grown. Astonauts wear them so it must be a good idea.
Glad you all had a wonderful time on your Mormon History vacation.
So hard to do the church thing alone, I know!
Yay on the new calling!
I feel your pain, my friend...
I was on my own in church with all three of my kids during "potty training" years...thank goodness we made it past that...
I would be intimidated teaching the 16 and 17 year olds...although I was a counselor in young women for many years, I still think I would panic if I had to have the boys and girls combined...
I'm sure you'll be great! :)
What a fun calling! I'm trying not to be jealous. :) Have a great time with that!
And think of what fun stories you'll have to tell your children-in-law later in life. :)
I have some great ones from Florida Girls Camp. Maybe I'll post one of the stories!
Thank heavens the diaper incident happened in the 1st ward! I mean-- Brother Lamps does woody woodpeck & Elvis impressions from the pulpit! A diaper "incident" probably wouldn't phase anyone!
Springfield is a lovely city! My husband grew up in Normal, IL. (I miss IL BAD!)
I just read through a bunch of your posts and it was fun to browse. :) We like to go to Chicago occasionally for a temple weekend; it's a fun city. My new calling is with the youth, too, and I'm excited for the change.
And my potty pet peeve in Sacrament is that if one child has to go, they all have to go and I have to parade them all in and out.
Post a Comment